Sunday, September 15, 2013

Bookmarked!

If you read food blogs (and why else would you be here, welcome as you are), then you probably also have a bookmarks folder bursting at the seams with delicious, beautifully photographed and ambitious recipes of other people's creation. Hopefully you're a little more successful than me at transforming your bookmarks from pixels to plate- I think that out of my nearly 200 bookmarks I've probably actually made somewhere more in the region of two. Just an order of magnitude of 100 off then. Clearly, my bookmark folder is just a very pretty way of using up hard disc space. 
So, in an effort to challenge myself and revisit pages that I want to emulate (or at least did at the time, on a quick relook the sight of cuppa cuppa cuppa cake* just brings a slack jawed sense of 'why, dear god, why?'). 
So I bring you "Bookmarked!" Over the next few weeks/months/until I get bored and frustrated, I will attempt to bring you my version of a page I have bookmarked sometime in my browsing past. 

*You'll have to Google it, I'm afraid. I fear the Pioneer Woman's propaganda machine too much to actually link to it 

The Rules: 

1. Pages must have been bookmarked already- no adding new bookmarks because someone posts egg on toast and I'm too lazy to cook anything fancier
2. Recipes can be changed, but must still be recognisable as the original. I'm not going to plough on with a Maldon sea salt-containing-chocolate-anything. I probably meant to sub out the fancy ingredient when I bookmarked it and so that's what I'll do now. 
3. I'm (probably) not going to have any bookmarks for boiled carrots and I might go mad if I try and make a whole meal out of interesting and save-able components. So generally speaking, I'll freestyle the side dishes.

Coming up in a matter of minutes- my first "Bookmarked!"- Nigella Lawson's Tuscan Fries x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here x